Last week my Group WUMW Radio was streamed. It was a very fun experience to have it streamed live and have other viewers to be able to listen to it from home. The process my group went through was a bit tough due to all […]
This week the WUMW radio group members got together numbers and communicated that way for the week. Well, at least for me. I had to miss our group meeting due to work. However, my group members Geoff, Crystal, and Anne got to get together to start gathering our ideas. They were very great with keeping me updated and informed with what they were planning and I even got to put in my ideas via text. All of our scripts and ideas are in a Google Doc that way we can all give our input. This week we are choosing some music to put in for our buffers and breaks.
This week I decided I would come up with a fun logo to describe the upcoming news report that WUMW Radio has for the listeners. I wanted to steer away from the serious side so I created more of a playful side to the “zombies”. I am very excited to see what all my group puts together in the next week!
Watching the videos of Abumrad were very eye opening. Everyone should take the time to watch these videos. What he said I could relate so much too. Making an audio story is more than just speaking into a micro phone. Audio story telling includes noises and […]
After reading Tips for Better Photography it really did open my eyes up on how to take pictures differently. The sub headings for the tips caught my eye and really related to what I would like to start doing as I take pictures. Below I will list the top ones I am going to focus on more. I will definitely be bookmarking this page to look back to for help and inspiration!
- Spend more time on pre composing
- Think about what it is I want to capture before I snap the picture
Better Contrast Makes Better Stories:
- Look for things that don’t belong together
- Look for near and far perspective
Change my Perspective:
- Find different points of view
- Look up, look down
- Look for ways to add dimension
- Becoming more intentional about creating and playing with balance in your images will help you create images that more intentionally express what you have to say
Pay Attention to the Moment:
- Slow down, Be more aware of the action in a scene, trying to anticipate the moment of something interesting before it happens
On the Abandoned America website, I chose to look through Cedar-Shade-Resort Gallery. I have to say I was instantly drawn to the central points of these photos. At first look I was drawn in by what was going on in these photos but then the details of each photo became different. The photographer Matthew Christopher does an excellent job with the contrast in his images and creating a different depth on each photo. Even though these photos were a bit dark he still managed to add the color in his photos showing the blue sky or the greenish water of the pool. You can tell Christopher pays attention to the moment when he is capturing his photos because every picture he captures has many details in them.
PHOTO BLITZ TIME!
This assignment was super fun to me. I am glad I got to read the tips for better photography before I took my photos. This photo blitz got me to explore a little bit down town where I live and capture what is around. Below are the 7 photos I was assigned to take. I
- Here is a camera setting or filter I was unaware my camera had. I thought this filter fit the mood of this picture well. It showed the old time effect and dreariness of the day
- A close up photo of a unique texture. I chose this small succulent cactus. The texture through the lens of my camera made the thorns of this image pop.
- The theme is blue. I chose to take a picture of a recycling bin. I like to recycle, it’s a simple way to help the environment.
- A photo of advertising painted on a building. This is the closest advertisement painted on a building I could find. I figured it was promoting the Old Mill District.
- A beautiful picture of something rusted. I chose to capture this picture of a rusted fence. I felt as if all the colors in this photo came together.
- Someone else’s artwork. This is a statute/ figure I came across walking downtown.
- Contrast between an object and its shadow. Due to the cloudy weather the only thing that I found that had a shadow was this pepper shaker.
Just the other day I was talking to my room mate when all of a sudden she wouldn’t respond back to me. I began nudging her saying Madison, Madison. I then realized she was caught staring at something. She tried to explain to me later of what she had seen. She swore she was seeing a girl reaching for her to help her. I asked her to describe the girl to me and she said “No Casey, you won’t understand, it was a zombie not just a normal girl.” I quietly laughed to myself but I know I had been hearing things about how the end was near I just wasn’t ready to believe the zombies may have found my house. Stay tuned….